And the movie of choice is "Pretty in Pink" as suggested by Big Pissylovetoy.
Now, I loved me some "PiP". Wasn't my favorite. That was the Breakfast Club. But, this one runs really close to my heart too.
Let me freshen your memories on the main characters:
The main characters, from left to right.
Andrew McCarthy as Blane. Rich boy with a heart of gold. Then, of course, Molly Ringwald as Andie, the dimestore poor girl with a heart of gold. Lastly, Jon Cryer, the mac daddy geek with the...um, jacket of gold.
Then of course, your supporting players:
James Spader as the asshole, Steff. Annie Potts as the employer/best pal, Iona.
All caught up?
Good. Here we go.
Five questions. The one with the most correct will win.
1) In the record store where Andie works, Ducky gives the performance of a lifetime by dancing and lip-synching to a song. What was the name of the song?
2) Andie goes to CATS, a dance club, with Iona. There, she meets up with her pal, Simon. Who played Simon and who played the bouncer at the front door of the Cat Club?
3) There was a song playing during the prom scene that became a super huge hit of the 80's. Who sang the song and what was the name of the song?
4) Someone never got to see their theatrical debut. In the beginning of the movie, Andie had a best friend, a pretty blonde named Jena. By the middle of the movie, the actress is no where to be seen? What happened to the actress and what was her name?
5) Another famous movie was shot in the same High School where Pretty in Pink was shot. What movie was it? (Hint: It was PRE-Pretty in Pink!)
There you go!
Answers at the top of the hour.